Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nicky's Fabrics and Threads


My chart arrived from the USA late last week. I ordered the fabric with it, 28ct Pearled Barley. Its a lovely colour. I have just picked out the required DMC threads so far but I might change as I go along.

I am looking forward to starting this week. I normally start from the centre of a design but I noticed many of you started from other places. Can any-body please give me an idea on an accurate way to start from the top or bottom of a design and still keep enough fabric around the design? Thanks so much,

Nicky

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful fabric and threads Nicky! I'm so glad you'll be joining us! :)

Nicole said...

P.S. Nicky about starting from the top or bottom.... Decide how much of a border you want (for example 3 inches) and measure up or down from there. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome!

As far as starting from the top, which is the way I always do it. I never have to count threads - when I purchase my fabric, I *always* make sure that I have at least 3" excess fabric on each side of the design. Then, when I'm ready to start, I just put my first stitch in 3" from the top, and 3" from the right; I never have to worry about not having enough fabric.

Nicky said...

Thanks for the tips! I started from the bottom and centred the fabric up- I have a big piece so there is no way I will run out of fabric!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com