Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Meredith's First Update

Good morning! Here is my start...I decided to start with the top middle house. I have really been enjoying stitching it. I am not loving my fabric however. I went with the recommended 28 count linen but did not go with a dyed fabric (I was nervous to work on it because I never have.) However, after scrolling through the blog some more I have been loving all the beautiful died fabric and have decided to order new fabric in 32 count and re-start later this week. (I think I'll also like a smaller weave as well...) So, I will post my re-start then. In the meantime, I'm working on Garden Girl by CCN and loving that as well! All of your work is beautiful and you are all inspiring me to stitch at least a little every day!!! Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith, it looks great! What a nice start! So you're going to start over on another piece of fabric now? What did you order?

Meredith said...

Thanks Christina! I'm not sure what fabric I'm getting! I live n NJ and order out of The Strawberry Sampler - a cross stitch store in PA. So, I've requested a 32 count over dyed linen. Something a little darker than what I was using. I'm hoping to get it by Friday because we are actually away all next week on vacation and I'd love to work on it some then. I may finish the one house I started and turn it into something smaller because I do hate to lose all that work...Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

You have a great start. I am sorry you are not enjoying your fabric, I hope the substitute fabric will be better for you.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com