Sunday, August 17, 2008

Meredith's 2nd Update - Start Over...


Hello! Hope everyone has had a nice weekend. I was hoping to be further along on my start over before posting an update...but since we're at the start of another busy week I figured I'd just go ahead with what I've done up until now. I love my new fabric choice - it is 32 Count Light Exampler from Lakeside Linens. I really like the coloration of it and the feel of it (it is much softer than the orginal fabric I started with.) I have found that I like using a hoop with it though (I seem to be mis-counting too much without it...) I know a lot of you use Q-snaps...I've never heard of these before. Are they better for the fabric then a hoop? I am enjoying this project a lot - can't wait to finish this first house and get to do some trees, flowers, people and animals! I have been visiting a lot of your blogs when my eyes are too tired to stitch but I'm not quite ready for bed yet! You all do such beautiful and diverse work!!! And, so fast too!!! Glad to have found this group! Happy stitching! Mere

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I started out stitching in hand and then with Q Snaps. Have never used hoops so I can't tell you which is better. However, after trying Q Snaps, I can't live without em now. Q Snaps does not leave marks on the fabric like hoops does which is a huge plus imo.

Beautiful stitching, by the way. Love the fabric you're using.

Anonymous said...

Nice job starting over again, Meredith. I use Q-snaps exclusively. I like the way it keeps my stitches taut.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com