Sunday, August 24, 2008

I am back!

Finally I am back home! We ended up extending our vacation of an additional week. The place was so delightful, the weather so sunny, our kids so fond of mountain life, so that we decided to stay away some additional day.
I have been missing you all, and I am so happy to see that our "SAL-Family" is increasing day by day! It is a real joy to share my "Neighborhood stitching" with so many stitchers and friends!
I have just seen that you all are doing such a great work! I am really delighted admiring all your progress!

I hoped to be able to do more stitching during my holidays, but vacations with kids are rather busy! ;-) In a couple of weeks schools are re-opening in our area and then I hope to be able to have more time to stitch.
I had also an "accident" with my needlework, that slowed me up still further.
One day I left my piece on a deckchair in the sun for about a hour during lunch-time and then all the circle of fabric that was tightened in the wood-hoop faded because of the sunlight. A horrible lighter circle appeared in the middle of my piece! When I saw it, I horrified. I tried to remedy washing it, but did not improve it at all. Then I tried and coffee-dye it again. This made the fabric colour uniform again but, obviously, dyed also my stitches... Then I was tempted to restart afresh stitching on a new piece of fabric but unfortunately I had not packed up any other piece of linen before leaving and on the mountains the nearest Needlework shop was not so near... Then, there was not anything else to do but undo almost all of my stitching and stitch it again...grrr...! :-(
This is my little progress...Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Nicky said...

What a shame! I wish you quick fingers so you can catch up again. What you have done so far looks lovely though! I am glad you enjoyed your holiday.
Nicky

Nicole said...

Oh Monica, I'm so sorry about the mishap! Glad you are back on track now though. I'm glad you had a nice vacation! Look forward to seeing more progress - it's beautiful! :)

Veronica said...

Oh my, I'm so sorrie to hear about the accident. At least now all the frogging is done and your restart is pretty. I'm STILL waiting on my fabric... LOL!

Nina said...

Oh Monica it sounds not good and I'm also sorry about it happened!
I like your piece, very beautiful progress :)

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness! How frustrating! Your new work looks beautiful though! Meredith

Shelagh said...

I don't think I could have unpicked it and started again, your re-start looks lovely. I am still doing some frogging myself.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com