Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finished... and Framed!





Close-up showing frame detail

Little House Neighborhood © Little House Needleworks
Stitched on 28ct. “Pearled Barley” Linen with the recommended DMC threads.
Framing by House of Stitches, LaPorte, Indiana



It’s been over five years since I’ve had anything framed. I knew as I was working on this piece that I would get it framed when I had finished stitching it, and so the framing of this piece was my birthday gift to myself. I had another frame in mind when I went to House of Stitches, but they no longer stocked the frame, so when I saw this frame, I thought it was perfect for the piece. Normally, I would get a piece matted when I get it framed, but the frame and the stitched piece itself was sufficient – I didn’t think a mat was necessary in this instance.

I must say that I’m really happy with how it turned out, and it’s now hanging on a wall in the living room in my new apartment.



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

8 comments:

Nina said...

Susan, it's great work!! You chose beautiful frame, congrats!!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Congratulations Susan! I love how the framing turned out. I don't think it needs a mat either! Enjoy!

Nicole said...

Wow Susan!! It's beautiful! Congrats on a a great finish - the frame is gorgeous!

Cait said...

I am so glad you chose not to frame it. The burlwood frame and beading draw your eye into the piece and the piece garners the pleasure as you look at it. Very nice 'eye' you have.
Cait

Moni said...

Susan, congratulations on this wonderful finish!!! It looks amazing! I love the frame, it is perfect for this stitched piece and I think that you are right, no mat is necessary in this instance! Congratulations again and Happy Birthday! :)
Hugs,
Monica

milena said...

Ciao Susan Volevo lasciarti un saluto e farti i complimenti per questo splendito ricamo Affettuosamente Milena A.

Cserny Cherry Ildikó said...

Susan, Simply beautiful! Congratulations!

Milly~ said...

It's beautiful! Just love the frame you chose.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com